Provide trauma-informed professional counseling services to adult and child victims of domestic and/or sexual violence.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide therapeutic intervention to individuals presenting for services as primary or secondary victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking.
• Provide understanding and support, including active listening, addressing needs identified by the therapy recipient, self-esteem building and problem solving.
• Assist with safety planning and provide information on legal options as appropriate.
• Provide education and information on available resources.
• Provide information to crime victims regarding the Crime Victims Compensation Program and provide assistance with filing claims as needed.
• Document all services provided and enter information into database within 3 days of service provision.
• Maintain confidentiality of records in accordance with MCADSV Service Standards.
• Facilitate support groups as assigned.
• Conduct professional training regarding domestic and sexual violence to community, law enforcement and/or service providers.
• Maintain required statistics and complete reports as assigned.
• On-call duties as assigned.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling and Guidance or other closely related field. Licensed, provisionally licensed, or license-eligible in the state of Missouri.
• Experience working with victims of domestic and/or sexual violence preferred.
• Excellent communication skills with individuals and groups.
• Knowledge of community resources.
• Basic computer skills needed.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to relate to diverse populations
Job description – Therapist
• Ability to travel
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Forty (40) hour workweek, extended hours may be required to meet client needs and/or deadlines.
• Employee works in an office environment and is protected from weather conditions and contaminants.
• Some evenings may be required based upon client needs and business demand.
• Standing or sitting for long periods, bending, stooping and occasional lifting.
• Repetitive hand motion (such as typing).
• Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform activities requiring cooperation, instruction, persuasion or speaking with others.
• Ability to communicate effectively in person with consumers.
The successful individual will demonstrate the following:
• Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and professional boundaries and ensure own behavior is consistent with professional ethical standards.
• Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the organizations goals of empowering women and eliminating racism.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of consumers.
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the consumer and the organization.
• Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals and track details/data/information/activities.
• Technological Aptitude: Understand software applications and maintain skills necessary to effectively perform key responsibilities through use of company utilized programs.
***YWCA St. Joseph provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.***